Coaching is a powerful process for those who see a gap between who they are and who they desire to be in relationship with food and their body.
Coaching values privacy and your freedom of choice. Unlike managed care, it does not require that you be pathologized with a mental diagnosis that becomes part of your permanent record. Coaching instead affords you full control over your private and intimate information, lets you decide who to work with and for how long.
Telephone coaching sessions work extremely well for most people. Coaching allows us to work at a time convenient to both of us, eliminates travel time to and from the office, can cross state lines, and continues for as long as you desire it.
Integrative personal wellness coaching attends to your entire person—body, mind, and spirit—deepening the experience of living in your body and belonging in the world.
Research shows that hope, zest, curiosity, gratitude and love are the key indicators of life satisfaction. These can all be successfully developed and fine tuned through integrative personal wellness coaching.
My specialties and personal areas of interest include:
- non-diet approach to weight management
- compulsive overeating
- intuitive eating
- body image disturbances
- disordered eating such as binge eating, bulimia, and restricting
Note: if you are in the throes of anorexia, a face-to-face therapist is recommended
- navigating the changes of a developing body/aging body
- self-esteem issues
- all areas of medical nutrition therapy such as
– diabetes – hypertension – cholesterol
- communication skills/assertiveness
- relationship issues including pre-marriage/remarriage
- life transition issues such as divorce, loss, death
- nutrition and lifestyle such as
-eating on the run -sports nutrition -eating on the road -family mealtime -enhancing stamina/decreasing fatigue
- Eating Disorders
- Body Image
- Family Issues
- Relationship Issues
- Self- Esteem/Communication concerns
- Life Transition such as retirement, divorce, loss, remarriage
- Parenting Skills
Medical Nutrition Therapy:
- Weight loss using the Non-Diet approach
- Eating Disorders
- Body Image Disturbances
- Medical concerns requiring nutrition intervention such as diabetes, cholesterol, hypertension